Our radio presenter training for young people aged 12 – 25 is a rolling programme.
Young people can join at any point.
If you want to be involved in the project as a radio presenter we expect that you will:
- Have an interest in the music being created by young people in the district
- Be willing to talk about and promote that music on your radio shows
You might also want to:
- Interview bands/musicians
- Attend and record live music events
- Attend and record interviews at our Masterclass events
Sessions for radio presenters take place on
- Tuesday 3pm – 7pm
- Friday 3pm – 6pm
You are not expected to necessarily attend the full length of the session (but you might). The sessions are focused on creating content to be broadcast on the radio.
Your training will cover all aspects of getting a radio show on air; from preparation, through to recording, editing and scheduling your show.
If you want to take part, please contact us to arrange a day and time that you can come in.
All young people aged 18 and under must have the consent of a parent/guardian to take part. A consent form is attached that must be completed before they can attend. (You can get a paper copies from the BCB Radio station if you don’t have access to a printer)